Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Color Pop? Or Color NOT?



There's not a single corner inch of youtube, makeup groups or blogs that haven't raved about the up and rising makeup brand Color Pop which has become well known for their endless variety of eyeshadows, lip liners, and lipsticks all for the mere price of $5.00 each! How can you possibly beat that? But even at such an affordable price one must ask them self, "Is it really worth buying?"

So this is but a small review. I am not sponsored or affiliated in any way so these few shadows were bought with my own money and this is my own honest opinion. This is an overlook of six of their shadows, both mattes and a couple of those electric galaxy beauties I simply could not resist!

Let's not drag this out anymore then it has to be, there's only six of these little puppies in my possession so I won't ramble on and carry you into a political overview that could go on for pages. These little shadows refer to themselves as "super shock shadows", so let's just see if how shocking they really are...



The colors I received in the mail are as follows: 

#1 "Effect" a very dark tint of a forest green. It appeared matte to the naked eye, but after swatching it I can see a slight trace of shimmer. Overall the color putout of this one seems pretty good. I can see myself finding better use for it over a good base and perhaps using it as a deepening transition color or perhaps used to darken the outer "c" of my eye for an emerald shadow look.

#2 "Hanky Panky" funny name, sad color putout. It's supposed to be a light warm toned sandy brown. On my olive skin tone this shadow is near invisible. The most use I would personally find out of this one is a base color or a setting shadow. It is a matte color, but a lousy one. I've had better.

#3 "Fairfax" Not bad, not bad at all. Like "effect" this deep, rich brown has a rather impressive pigmentation. A perfect color to use around the outer crease or to create a sultry smoky eye with. It's a nice addition to my collection of matte browns, though I won't say it's my favorite.

#4 "Girl Crush" though as a girl myself I can't say I'm crushing too much on this shadow at all. For the most part it's not bad. It's obviously has a better color putout than "hanky panky" and I can surely find some use for this matte grey toned brown. But spectacular it is not.

#5 "Envy" and I can say that some of my shadows would easily envy the uniqueness of this color. Aside from our next contender this is my favorite thus far. What a perfect color for a galaxy eye look. That's exactly what this color is to me, an electric, deep galaxy purple. Applied over the right base this shadow has the potential to be undoubtedly outstanding.

#6 "Rex" ... Oh Rex, I've never seen a deep sparkling blue quite like you. I think we're going to get along just fine. I'm already imagining the outstanding makeup looks I can create with you. Your beauty is so extraordinary that I can only think of one simple word to describe your magnificent color, and that word is beautiful.



So far even with my small purchase, on a scale of 1 to 10, I will give the color pop shadows a 7. I feel some of their products are better than others and the downside of buying from this company is you have to wait to receive a package to see which products those are and which ones you might be sending back. Would I recommend this brand? For anyone looking for some very unique budget eye shadows with a creamy texture and pretty good pigmentation I would... we all want to build up our makeup collection without spending a ton of money and this is a great way to achieve that.

Now, can someone recommend me a good sleeping aid? This insomnia has me blogging at 2:00 am...

No comments:

Post a Comment