Saturday, January 17, 2015

Youtube needs to up the spam filter

Hello new youtuber who copied and pasted a comment on my video, the same comment you've already copied and pasted onto a hundred other videos that vloggers like myself have worked really hard on only to have their work bombarded with spam instead of receive the legit recognition it deserves... I did see the comment you left on my video... I saw it because I got excited thinking I had a very nice, supportive comment or even perhaps some substantial feedback on a video I stayed up until 3 am struggling to keep my eyes open working on because I had to redo the whole thing due to issues with my editor, but no....

"I know these comments are annoying but please come and check out my channel!" Does that sound familiar to anyone? Unfortunately you did not tell me what you liked about my video and for that I'm under the impression you did not watch it. I get a 100 girls/guys weekly always dropping the come check out my channel comments on videos I work hard on. It can be a little downing for me to think someone is only using my video to promote them self, and not the best way to do so at all. Yes it is annoying. It's also annoying when I see this happen to other youtubers both big and small because I myself feel their frustration.

My friendly advice is if you want to gain subscribers and be successful then you need to legitimately be active and supportive in the community. Dropping a come check out my channel comment on someone's video they worked hard on and not even taking the time to tell them what you liked or even disliked about their video is very rude. I'm not being mean, I might be ranting just a bit, but I'm also just trying to help you newbies out. Sub for sub and using other videos to advertise yourself isn't the best route to take, trust me. People will take you a lot more seriously if you do some more research and go about things the right way. I'm not being a prude, I really do wish you all the best of luck. But I wanted to let you see this from the standpoint of other people and how you will be viewed when you do these things. About 90% of people find it super annoying and your comment will only get marked as spam anyway.

Hell if anyone knows how hard it is to get yourself out there it's me. I understand that. But do you really want to be marked as spam, blocked, banned, and viewed as another greedy little fish in the aquarium? If you produce the right content and work hard on your channel you will not need to waste your time dropping the spam comments, it won't get you any legit followers anyway. Hard work and dedication and being supportive in the community WILL. Think of it this way... one day you may actually get serious, one day you may post a video that you worked your little bum off, perfecting every inch of that 10-20 minute long video, and when people begin spamming you and not even commenting on the video you worked so hard on, will it make you feel good? Or will you feel used?

Youtube needs to up the spam detector. It's getting out of hand lately. Those of us who are serious about our channels and also make an effort to be respectful of other channels need more of the legit fans who will tune in weekly and support us, and less of the greedy little fish...

I hope someone reads this, learns from it, or passes it along to those who need to learn from it. We need to stop and think.

Make sure you watch my latest upload, JLo's golden globe look for LESS! And don't spam the comments section... please... the constant comment deleting is becoming exhausting to say the least...

No comments:

Post a Comment