Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Limecrime or Lies & Crime? The fraud speculation behind Doe Deere's makeup line.

Doe Deere's world is one of quirky, vibrant colors, unicorns, art. It presents itself as a colorful place where makeup enthusiasts can drown themselves in the happy and wonderful world that is Doe's instagram and makeup line LimeCrime.

Being a part of many makeup groups on facebook I have seen constant posts in the past months about how shady LimeCrime is and what a complete bitch people claim Doe Deere is in general. But lately it has gotten worse, so bad in fact that I decided to blog about one of the biggest scandals in the makeup industry as of late. And to make matters worse, apparently LimeCrime's website has been hacked and customers have had their identities stolen. Now people are calling Doe Deere out on instagram. One instagramer claimed that she lost $10,000 of college funds for ordering a $16 tube of LimeCrime lipstick.



Let's be real. If you were a LimeCrime customer going through such an ordeal you'd be outraged too, especially in this economy. But let's take a look at how Doe Deere handles her angry and alarmed customers who are voicing their concerns and frustrations. Instead of a profesional approach with sympathy for her loyal customers and concern for her company's name she instead backlashes with little to no concern for how anyone will view her and her "shady" business. Here is a supposed post written by Doe herself addressing her angry, scammed customers.

Personally I do not follow Doe on instagram, nor have I ever bought anything from LimeCrime directly. Believe me I have wanted to. I have been trying to get my hands on cashmere for some time because it's unlike any nude color I've seen, but since all this drama sprang into action I became leery of giving out my credit card info and generally doing any business with this company whatsoever. Aside from the fraud, months back there were claims that LimeCrime's ingredients were not what they were said to be and Doe Deere was still being hostile and overall rude with her customers. I have no way of knowing how true the majority of this scandal is. Like I said I do not know Doe Deere, I do not follow her, and I don't buy from her... to play it safe I never will. But what I do know is a lot of people are angry, outraged, and a lot of people have lost money.

Now let's assume this letter WAS written by Doe and that this really is how she chose to respond to the situation at hand. First off, I would not be so bold as to compare LimeCrime to MAC. I don't think Doe's products deserve to be in the same sentence as MAC. MAC is a solid brand millions of women have trusted for years and there are several cheap dupes that have proven to be better or equal in quality to LimeCrime. In my opinion this woman needs to get off her high horse, grow up, then come back down to earth and take a moment to put herself in her customers shoes. If people were loyal enough to me to buy my brand and support my product and my name I think I would be outraged that my customers, who trusted me and my product, were robbed. Because basically that's what we're talking about here... people are being robbed.

She seems to lack any form of respect or appreciation to the people who have made her who she is and have gotten her where she is now: her fans. Without their loyalty and their purchases she would probably be a nobody.

So where is the apology to her customers? Even if she is not at fault for this situation, the professional thing to do is publicly apologize to people who have lost money and try to reassure everyone that situation is being investigated and looked into. If Doe really did write this response she comes off as someone who is greedy, unappreciative, and lacks having a grip on reality.

To wrap things up on my observation of this situation I truly hope that no one is that wrapped up in themselves, but there are a lot of crooked, shady people in the makeup industry. What I will say to people reading this, if you MUST have a product from LimeCrime try buying through another source. You may spend a little more money but it's a lot better than losing $10,000 for purchasing a $16 lipstick. Play it safe.

I would also like to take a moment to sympathize with anyone who has found themselves in a tight spot from buying through this or any other shady company. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of stress and how helpless these people must feel right now. What a terrible thing for anyone to go through. Buying makeup should be a positive, fun experience to reward yourself, build up your collection and own something that makes you feel beautiful. I hate the thought of knowing that anything makeup related can turn into such an ugly, negative, and broken situation.

It seems Doe Deere has thrown her customers into a concentration camp of financial fraud...



1 comment:

  1. Being a part of many makeup groups on facebook I have seen constant posts in the past months about how shady LimeCrime is and what a ... llimecrime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete