Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Channel Changes

So I'm really thrilled with the direction my channel has taken. Venturing more into categories of diy and lifestyle videos has tremendously helped my growth. But this has also brought me to think about the future of my channel, what's best for it, what will continue to sustain the success of my work. This has been on my mind a lot lately, and I've come to a conclusion on what I've decided. This is something that I feel is very important to share with you all.

This morning I changed the name of my channel from GlamourBoxFox to GlamourLifeFox. I also changed my facebook fanpage to just be titled GlamourFox. The rest of my social media will simply remain GlamourBoxFox - such as twitter and instagram, pinterest and tumblr. As of now I will no longer upload makeup tutorials or anything makeup-related save for DIYs and makeup room tour topics on my main channel GlamourFoxLife. The reason being is my makeup tutorials never helped me with my growth, and my main focus has been so driven towards DIYs that I do not want to drive that growth away.

Ironically when I first started youtube my only intent was to do makeup videos. I still have a deep love for makeup and I don't want to give that part of me up. So I've decided I will be starting a additional separate channel JUST for makeup related beauty videos. This way I don't run the risk of boring my subbies on my main channel who may not find makeup videos all that interesting.

I'm still deciding on a name for my second channel and it will be linked from my main channel so it's easy to find for those of you who want to subscribe. I will be updating you guys on this, and most likely I will begin working on it when my main channel is close to 20,000 subs or more. This will enable me to dedicate myself to two channels.

Wish me luck! And I will keep you all posted! In the meantime I have lots of DIYs on the way!

As a side note all my social media links will be related to both channels, though I may create an additional instagram page for my makeup artistry. Eventually I intend to revamp my instagram as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment